Costa Rica, a small country in Central America, is the place for nature lovers. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing place to grab some rays and observe the marine life, or looking for exotic lizards or other awesome species; Costa Rica is sure to please.
Here are the top ten itinerary ideas for nature lovers in Costa Rica…
1. Check out Costa Rica’s famous volcano Arenal with daily tours that let you see inside an active volcano. Since its eruption began in 1968, tourists have been able to revel in its awe and experience the hot springs or sandy beaches nearby. At night, lava flows are visible and light up the volcano making for a glowing delight.
2. Walk through the cool forestation, including cloud, rain and dry forests, checking out the 10,000 plus species of plants and trees that fill the forests. You could spend all day watching forest animals, learning about their habitat.
3. Canoe down the watery laguna in the Tortuguero National Park, located on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, on the northeastern side of the country, and see endangered turtles basking on the shore. In fact, there are over one-hundred-seventy amphibians and reptiles. This relaxing, fun activity would be a photographers dream, with miles of spectacular views.
4. Go deep sea diving off one of the pacific oceans island Osa and experience a wondrous view of colorful, exotic marine life. Dive with mantas, sharks, sea turtles, and beautiful dolphins and wales, capturing the graceful way they move in the clear, cobalt blue water.
5. Take up surfing or windsurfing and enjoy nature at its best. Ride the waves in balmy 65-70 degree temperatures and average wind speeds of around 24 mph. Costa Rica boasts of the best tides in the world.
6. Like to bird watch? Enjoy the colorful plumage of more than 800 different kinds of birds. From pelicans to flitting hummingbirds, a pair of binoculars can get you up close and personal, but still a distance away so as not to scare them.
7. Soak in the sun on one of Costa Rica’s breathtaking beaches. Observe surfers, sails and skiers, while you slather on the sunscreen and relax with a good book and cool, refreshing beverage.
8. Whitewater rafting is sure to pump up the adrenaline as you traverse the water with the help of a guide. Warm temperatures and beautiful skies will make this roller coaster of a ride a real adventure.
9. Hike to one of the many caves in Costa Rica and explore underworld ancient rock formations. Stalactites can be viewed as they cling to the walls of caves, hanging upside down or to the roofs, holding tightly.
10. Want to view nature from above? Take a hot air balloon ride and see spectacular sights and sounds. Feel the wind on your face and take in the smells of the forest from above.
No matter what exciting adventures you choose in Costa Rica, you can be rest-assured you will remember them for a lifetime.