Costa Rica... a small country in Central America that boasts beautiful beaches, waterfalls and lush greenery that are sure to leave you wanting for more. Not the typical Central American Nation. Costa Rica is a country devoted to democratic ideologies and global concerns. Give yourself 10 minutes to ponder the possibilities of a vacation in Costa Rica.
10. One of the most interesting aspects of Costa Rica Vacations is the ability to visit several active volcano sites in the country. Arenal, Poas and Irazu are just a few of the beautiful volcanoes that litter the mountainous region of Costa Rica.
9. Your vacation will immerse you into the wonderful culture that is Costa Rica. Not just full of natural beauty, Costa Rica is a country full of history and diverse flora and fauna that is made easy to explore. The country is loaded with museums and botanical gardens sure to please the idle traveler.
8. If you're looking for the freedom to explore the back country of Costa Rica consider an off-road experience. You can drive through Costa Rica in an off-road vehicle with or without a guide. Creating for yourself an Indiana Jones experience unlike any other. You can walk through the jungle with a machete hacking a path as you go or drive to a remote beach and enjoy the sand, sea and sun. The choice is yours.
7. If high adventure is not quite your cup of tea and you're looking more for the quiet vacation with some sightseeing, consider spending your vacation walking through the coastal rainforests of Costa Rica. Imagine standing on the beach and spotting a howler monkey sitting in a tree eating its fruit or seeing a beautifully colored wild macaw flying through the air.
6. There are many activities that will pique the interest of the outdoor adventurer. You can speed through the tree tops on a zip line, enjoy the view while parasailing, try your hand at hot air-ballooning, or for the more adventurous vacationer, throw yourself off of one of Costa Rica’s famous bridges experiencing a 200 ft. free fall toward the Colorado River on a wild and crazy bungee jump.
5. Costa Rica boasts many activities that will submerge you into a culture not quite like any other. The Costa Rica calendar is loaded with activities year round that will introduce you to the happy go lucky reputation of the Costa Rican people. The country is known for its many carnivals, parties, and horse shows. Be prepared to learn cultural history's on a local level, and taste the authentic Costa Rican cuisine.
4. As with most Central American countries, soccer is a staple for the Costa Rican people. While on vacation you can experience the fervor of a semi-professional soccer game and watch as amateurs battle it out for a place at the top. Also in Costa Rica are other sporting events, i.e. The San Jose Marathon, The Conquerors Route Mountain Bike Race, Junior Tennis Tournaments, etc.
3. Of course, no vacation would be worthwhile without a chance to frolic in the ocean. Costa Rican vacations would offer many hours of fun scuba diving, snorkeling, whale watching, sport fishing, windsurfing, etc. The boundaries are limitless.
2. If you are an adventurer, you cannot miss the excitement and inspiration of rappelling down a waterfall or taking an exciting canopy tour.
1. Costa Rica is renowned for its network of Wildlife Reserves and National Parks. From numerous Volcanic National Parks to forest reserves and wetlands, a Costa Rica vacation would offer great diversity for the entire family.
»No obligation to buy
1. Tripping Costa Rica - Vacation Recommendations
2. The Best Choices When Planning Vacations to Costa Rica
3. Costa Rica Travel and Vacations – Get the Best of Your Trip
4. Costa Rica Travel: 10 Things You Should Know
5. Best Regions to Travel in Costa Rica